What is self care?
A self care regimen consists of a set of practices that we engage in for the purpose of building and nurturing our life force.
Because our organisms are made of four intimately integrated components:
A comprehensive and balanced regimen of self care must address the four following essential areas of care:
- Physical self care - Sleeping, eating, drinking, breathing, exercising.
- Mental self care - Organizing our life, managing our resources, learning.
- Emotional self care - Processing our feelings and going back to center.
- Spiritual self care - Nurturing a relationship to the mystery and to who we really are.
In upcoming blog posts I will be sharing ideas of practices that nourish each of the four components of our life force. What category of self care are you most interested in seeing addressed first?
- What's the strongest between my Body, Mind, Heart, and Spirit?
- What's the weakest?
- How would I rate my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual self care regimen on a scale of 1-10?
- What needs attention first? Why?
- How am I going to improve my self care?